Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Xbox 360 Elite



For my Self Promo 4, I decided to shoot an Xbox. I was originally planning to do a normal studio shot. Then i talked to my instructor, Chuck. He told me to NOT shoot a normal boring studio shot, and he really challenged me to do something no one had ever done, and make it exciting. So you might could say i did that, or atleast tried. This photo consists of 3 separate images. One shot for the smoke, and one for the fire. They were both shot at the same location. The third shot was the xbox which i shot in the studio. I did my best to match the light in the studio with the light that i used on location (which was my car head lights). The smoke came from a bottle rocket(firework) that my friend Daniel held down for me. The fire came from gasoline. We had t try it only 3 times to get it right!! Over all I was pretty happy with how real we were able to get it to look.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this image! It is very cool and very well composed! Great job Sam!! Nice work in photoshop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed with this image, especially after hearing everything that went into it. You definitely stepped up and raised the bar for yourself! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete